McLaughlin had never golfed before he conceived The Dan Plan: to put in 10,000 hours of practice and become good enough to play [golf] professionally.
The article goes on to point out a few facts about Dan:
1. He’s the youngest son in a family of successful professionals
2. He’s quit a myriad of pursuits: college, writing, music, photography and even sports
3. He’s the youngest son in a family of successful professionals
4. He’s traveled through Asia seeking thrills and adventure; he’s always been “an ideas guy”
5. He’s the youngest son in a family of successful professionals
And now that he’s getting all this national media attention, free coaching, speaking gigs and, gasp, respect from his family without bowing to their traditional approaches to success?
“I like where I am in life right now,” he said
Of course! It’s every rebellious teenager’s wet dream.
You showed them, didn’t you, Dan!