I’ll be sure to add to this as time goes on.
– things attributed to individuals are usually culturally driven (heroes don’t exist)
– I’m (rationally?) persuaded by anything Tyler Cowen says.
– top down solutions do not work (humans are bad at complexity)
– people lie about what they care about (politics is BS, generally, but prediction markets aren’t!)
– innovation is execution and luck (patents are mostly bullshit, too)
– demographics matter more than one might think (humans are crap at understanding long-term processes)
– I didn’t start caring about learning until I left school (schools are terrible places to learn things).
– I’ve spent years at my job and am barely good enough to tie my own shoes (I am a spexpert in most everything and you probably are, too)
– programming holds the keys to the next revolution (Alan Kay was onto something)