Once upon a time I had a ton of books out on bookshelves. These hit the basement when my older kid started eating them off the shelves.
They recently came back out again and my god I found my reading list from 2011. I iced the whole reading for pleasure thing when I started writing the actuarial exams. Closing in on the end of that chapter (ha) of my life, so why not read again!
Here’s the list:
- Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clark. I’m a few hundred pages in and it is earning its praise. It’s more or less my ultimate guilty pleasure book, combining 19th century and fantasy fiction.
- Working, by Studs Terkel. Not started.
- The Jungle, by Upton Sinclair. Not started.
- Faust, by Goethe. Not started.
- The Rise of Modern India, by Edward Luce. About halfway through. 50/50 chance I don’t even pick it up again and skip to…
- Lolita, by Nabokov. I’ve read this one a few times. One of my favorites.
- Time Storm, by Gordon R. Dickson. This is the book I’ve reread the most and will pull it out again. I don’t know, I just really like this book. Sci-Fi.